Summer truly is in the air. We’ve made it through the dark tunnel of winter and warmer weather is in sight. There’s lots to look forward to about the summer season: hot and sunny days, holidays, and – if you’re lucky – May half term break! If you’re planning a cheeky holiday this season, you’ll want to make sure to get the best deals possible on flights, hotels and all of those essential holiday items. With GoRaise, you can shop and fundraise for charity at the same time as buying all of your getaway essentials!
“Guilt-free shopping, what’s not to like?” – Emma Jones
Here’s our full run-down of where to shop so that you can feel good and do good this season.
Travelling To Your Destination
Whether you’re travelling by plane, train or ferry, we’ve got your travel needs covered with our list of 3,000 retailers.
- Expedia UK search over a million flights packages to find the best deal for you. You can also raise up to 6% for your cause when you book through them. If you’re the type of person who likes to book everything in one place, Expedia is perfect as you can also use their site to search through hotel prices, train costs and things to do.
- Thomson Holidays has a heap of deals on at the moment for you to get the best value holiday. You can save £100s on your holiday and with their low deposits scheme, you can book your holiday for as little as £50 per person. To top it off, you can also raise up to £2.50 for your cause when you book.
- You don’t need to go abroad to have a fantastic holiday. Why not book a U.K. city break with Trainline? Get from Manchester to London from as little as £22.50, or from London to Birmingham for £5.50 – all while raising up to 1.5% of the cost of your ticket.
- Fancy eating croissants by the Seine on a Parisienne city break? Hop on the Eurostar to Paris for £69 return with Trainline. Check out this offer and other European deals, and raise up to 1.5% for your chosen charity.
- P&O cruises offer cheap ferries between Ireland, the United Kingdom and Europe. If you’re a family looking for an easy way to travel with little ones, this could be it. It’s only a 90 minute crossing time! You can also raise an incredible up to £75 for your cause on all full world cruise bookings, as well as 1% on other bookings.
Where To Stay
Having a good place to rest your head after a busy day of exploring and relaxing is crucial to any holiday. You’ll like where you stay even more knowing that you raised money for charity by booking it.
- Booking.com lets you compare prices across millions of hotels worldwide, in over 100,000 destinations. They add new deals daily and, best of all, you won’t be charged any booking fees! You’ll also raise up to £4.25 for your cause with every purchase.
- Take advantage of the Hotels.com summer deals and you could save up to 40% on your holiday. The deal applies to a host of destinations, from Berlin to Budapest, Dublin to Madrid. You can also raise up to 4% of your booking for your cause.
- With all their hotels, Lastminute.com offer a Price Match Guarantee – so if you find your hotel cheaper on any other UK website within 24 hours of booking, they’ll pay you the difference. On top of that, they’ve got deals on hotels around the globe, including hotels you’ve seen in the movies and the most unusual hotels in the world. When you book with Lastminute.com, you can raise up to 5.5% for your cause.
- Get inspired for your summer holidays with Groupon. Whether you fancy a 7-night stay at a European holiday park from £129 or a spa break in St. Ives for £99, you’ll find something up your street on Groupon and you’ll also raise up to 6% for your chosen cause. Win-win!
What To Do
With travel and accommodation sorted, you’ll want to start thinking about what to spend your holiday doing.
- You might not have known this, but Trainline offer some great deals on theatre tickets. If you’re heading for a city break in London, get tickets to Wicked from £19.50; The Phantom of the Opera from £24.75; The Lion King from £45 and many more. For even bigger savings you can nab some dinner and show packages, for when you’ve worked up an appetite singing along to “Defying Gravity” with the rest of the crowd. Remember, you can raise up to 1.5% for your cause when you book with Trainline.
- Holidays are all about doing something different that you’d never do at home, right? There are a load of wacky and unusual things to do on Groupon – like an Alpaca Walking Experience from £42.50, or sightseeing from the air with a Virgin Balloon Flight from £99. Surprise your loved ones with something out of the ordinary on your summer holiday and raise up to 6% for your chosen charity.
What To Wear
Wherever you’re going on holiday and whatever you’ll be doing, treat yourself to a wardrobe refresh so that you’ll be feeling and looking your best.
- If you’re heading to the beach for a half-term break, get your swimwear, sandals and beach bags from Marks & Spencer for high-quality, on-trend items. You can get up to 50% off selected lines in the M&S Sale and you’ll also raise up to 1.5% for your cause with everything that you buy.
- Summer dresses, kaftans, sunglasses – Debenhams has got an entire holiday shop for you to browse through. If you need to buy some new luggage, they have a huge range of carry-on holdalls and rolling suitcases. You can also raise up to 1.5% for your cause.
- If you want to treat yourself to something more high-end, we’ve heard splashing out can be totally justified when you’re also raising money for charity. Try House of Fraser, leading retailer of designer brands, and raise up to 2% while you buy.
You can be the most prepared person in the world, but there are always those last-minute holiday items that end up on your shopping list. Avoid the mad rush around the shops the day before you leave and order everything you need online.
- Did you know that John Lewis offer travel insurance? You even get 20% just for buying online. Take a look at all of the policies they offer and raise up to 1.25% for your cause.
- Make sure to capture all of your fantastic holiday memories with a camera from Argos. They have some brilliant offers – like this Canon Digital Camera for £79.99, including an 8GB memory card and camera case. Shop using GoRaise and you can raise up to 1% for your chosen cause every time you buy from Argos.
- An online shop with Boots is essential before any holiday. Pick up your suncream, flight socks, luggage tags, plug adaptors, insect repellent, travel toiletries (all under 100ml) and more – all from one place. You’ll also raise up to 4% of what you buy – which could add up to quite a lot by the looks of things!
- Pick up a new holiday scent or some body bronzing products from The Body Shop and raise up to 5% for your cause.
Sign up to GoRaise today to start browsing through all 3,000 of our listed retailers. Shop and fundraise every time you shop online!
*All prices and deals listed in this blog were correct at the time of writing.
Competitions Featured LONDON MARATHON – WHOEVER GUESSES CLOSEST TO THE WINNING LADIES TIME GETS A £250 DONATION
Helpful Tips Club Treasurer Survival Guide: 12 Things You Need To Know
Helpful Tips GoRaise Guide: How To Attract More People To Your Sports Club
Uncategorised 52 Fundraising Ideas That Your Office Has To Try Out