Click on Join to add a few details and start supporting us.
Search on GoRaise for the retailer or product that you want, and click out. It's that easy.
Shop as normal and the retailer donates a portion of your spend to us. You don’t pay a penny extra.
Whether you're buying a new outfit, flights, computer equipment or furniture, we'll have the right retailer for you!
Radical Roots Society began as Eden Art, a market stall in the North–West of England in January 2014. Later that year we decided to take it bigger and in a new direction as we began running community exhibitions and projects, promoting positive values and selling fair trade clothing.
We aim to:
* Promote the values of POSITIVITY, HOPE, CREATIVITY and EQUALITY, and spread the message of our FAITH. This may be through street and online promotion, exhibitions, projects, creative work or our fair trade clothing range.
* Convey the idea that creativity is innate to EVERYBODY. It is not as simplistic as relating to artistic skill, but relates more generally to the creation of new ideas and the exploration and expansion of the mind. The sciences, for instance, are highly creative fields involving the creation of ideas and illumination of thinking.
We hold a strong belief in the value of creative expression, its relevance to every human being, as well as the powerful effect and therapeutic nature it brings.
We seek to encourage all people to explore their own creativity, believing it to be a fundamental element of life.
* Love extravagantly. Van Gogh himself spoke the famous words, ‘There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people’ and this idea shapes a lot of what we do and our motivations for doing it.
We believe in the power of radical, extravagant love and our aim is to demonstrate this through everything we do. A lot of our work is community based and interactive, as we strive to enrich both our online and local community.
* Found all we do on our belief in a creative divinity. For us this is God, but for others it may be something different. Either way, we believe creative expression allows us to connect with something that is inherent yet bigger and more significant than ourselves. Our faith inspires everything we do as an organisation and we absolutely love working with other faiths and encouraging interfaith relationships. We're aware that Christians have a bad wrap, but we want to demonstrate that not all Christians are like the ones you hear about on TV, or even those you've encountered. We want to show that the real message of Jesus is love and compassion.
* We're big on taking care of the environment, we aim to be pioneers in this and tackle lack of love for the earth and it's beings.
* Focus on promoting other independent individuals or organisations that are promoting positive themes and values through their work. We do this via our ‘Introducing’ section on our website as well as through other means of promotion.
* Build a community! Our name had to change from the original ‘Eden Art’ because we wanted to ensure people felt a part of what we do. Being a ‘society’ of sorts seemed a great way to do this. Several times a year we take on voluntary interns from the UK and across the world. This allows people to get involved in the work that we do and be part of something that – we hope, is radical in both its values and feats. If you’re interested in volunteering with us please get in touch.
We also strive to build strong connections and partnerships both in the community and online. If you’d like to connect or work with us in any way, do get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Radical Roots Society consists of artist Becky Emery and writer/poet Georgie Treneary.
Share this fundraising page with your friends and family so they can support us too
See our FAQs or visit the Help Centre for more resources
Is there any cost to the company or to the cause?
No, GoRaise is completely free to use for companies and causes. The only cost is to the retailer
Why do the retailers make a donation?
When you visit a retailer or service through goraise.co.uk they offer a donation as a thank you for your custom. Our partner retailers like to help, but it's also a way of attracting customers, so they essentially put it down as a marketing cost.
Will we end up paying more for goods and services?
No, you are not charged anything extra. You buy directly from supplier websites accessed via GoRaise so you pay the same as anyone else. In fact – our business users are able to take advantage of many exclusive offers and promotions so you will often find a better deal with suppliers through GoRaise. If you have a preferred supplier not currently listed on GoRaise.co.uk, please let us know and we will help them sign up.
Sounds too good to be true – is there a catch?
There’s no catch, and to confirm, it won't cost you a penny!! In fact, there’s £millions worth of retailer commission available every year to fund good causes across the UK. Amazingly, many causes are still unaware of this easy, free way to generate funds through everyday online shopping.
How much of the donation does GoRaise take?
We don’t take a penny of the amount displayed. For all retailers we show a donation rate (% or £), which represents the full amount you are raising for your cause. For clarity, GoRaise is a commercial organisation, and we receive an additional payment from the retailer above and beyond that shown on the site.
Which causes can we support?
You can support any good cause, from small community groups, national charities or your own company foundations. Your favourite cause may already be registered. If it isn’t, it can be added very easily for free. GoRaise helps charities, sports clubs, company foundations, PTAs, community groups, churches, youth groups (Girl Guides, Scouts etc) and lots of other great causes.